It's hot. It's really hot. This is the hottest time of the year and it's hot. I will say it one more time, it's hot. I don't remember it being this miserable last year, but I recently learned that this is the hottest year on record in many years and that makes sense because it's hot. There I said it again.
It's currently 102 degrees outside, which is actually cooler than the usual 105 degrees it was earlier this week. When I go to bed it's 98 degrees and when I wake up it's 98 degrees. I don't have AC, but I do have a trusty fan that goes everywhere with me in my house. Sometimes I question whether the fan does any good, it just blows hot hair at me. When I do have running water, the water that comes out of the faucets is borderline scorching because it's coming from the ground. Even my bucket baths are hot. Usually bucket baths are a refreshing way to quickly cool off with those first chilly buckets, but not this time of year, even that water is hot. The only reliable AC I know of is at Seven-Eleven in the main town about a 24km bike ride round trip, which defeats the purpose of the AC.
Growing up in Fargo, I have always hated cold weather so I'm happier to be sitting here sweating than say, freezing in Peace Corps Mongolia. Even though I love hot weather, this is more than a bit ridiculous. Sometimes at night I almost get this claustrophobic feeling because there's no way for me to cool off, I will go to sleep hot and wake up hot. I have had major issues falling asleep at night and have actually had to start taking light sleep aids because I wake up in the middle of the night literally drenched in sweat and thirsty. It's an odd way to wake up at 4am.
So in conclusion, it's hot. Thanks for reading my diatribe on this awful, all-encompassing heat.
No comments:
Post a Comment