Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hugs at preschool



I went to preschool this morning. It was really hectic because it's the second week of school and attendance is really high, especially with all the little newcomers. The new kids cry and cry and cry, while the kids from last year run around like preschool pros. It's so cool to see how much the kids have grown up over the last year. Some of the kids that cried all day last year are now running around the playground with all their little friends.

One of the little girls, who frequently peed her pants last year (for some reason she always handed me her wet underpants and as a result I learned how to say "pee your pants" in Thai), has a little brother who is now coming to preschool with her. He's a crier and it's so funny to see the former pants wetter consoling her little brother.

And my all time favorite little girl is still as awesome as ever. She can belt out the ABCs like an American preschooler, and she does. Today I was walking around the playground and she ran up behind me, gave me a big hug, and then ran off with her little friends. That hug made me so happy and warmed my heart. This is saying a lot considering I never considered myself a "kid" person until preschool in Thailand.

Although it doesn't feel like I'm doing much here day to day, whenever I go to preschool and am greeted with a swarm of high fives like I'm a celebrity at the playground, it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment