I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but it seems that the violence and conflict is settling down and there is hope of things in Thailand going back to normal. Peace Corps still has us on Standfast, which means we are not to leave our villages. We are all hoping this gets lifted soon, especially since next weekend is a 3-day weekend and it would be really nice to be able to meet up with some volunteers.
This morning I biked to the main town about 10km from me to buy more food and other necessities. Everything looked normal as I passed people going to work and kids playing outside at school. The only thing that was different was a sign posted outside of Seven Eleven, stating that it closed from 9pm to 5am due to the imposed curfew, which continues through this weekend.
Otherwise it was just another very hot day. As I sit in front of my fan reading a magazine (care packages from the parents are the best!) I can't help but look forward to the rainy season and drinking a cold beer with some friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment