One week left in the village? One week left in the village.
As I've said I'm a big mess of emotions about leaving, but day to day, nothing feels different. I have this weird sense of anxiousness that intensifies in the pit of my stomach a little bit each day, but other than that, it's business as usual in the village.
Pi Pong, one of my favorite teachers at preschool, offered to take me shopping at the market this weekend to buy souvenirs. Like any good Thai outing, it starts early. She and her husband picked me up at 7am to go shopping. The only time I would ever even think about going shopping that early in the States is the day after Thanksgiving, but that's never happened and probably never will. Regardless, a 7am shopping spree at the market was in order.
My wish list included a sticky rice basket, a traditional floor mat, rectangle pillows with Thai silk designs, and traditional Thai silk fabric. Check out all the goodies, including gifts I received at my going away party. I have big plans to decorate my bedroom in NY with lots of Thai things in the hope that when I'm missing Thailand, my bedroom can be an oasis of sorts, and maybe the rice field won't feel quite so far away.
No comments:
Post a Comment