Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cafeteria Update.... It's coming together!






All of my travels and sickness had kept me away from preschool for far too long. So when I returned to site on Monday I was so excited to see how well the cafeteria construction has been going. And I must say, it's looks amazing! I had tears in my eyes when I saw how much they had done in a mere 2 weeks. I'm so happy for this preschool to have such an amazing addition to their school and I'm proud to have been a part of it, along with all of you who donated to this project. Thank you for all who helped with donations and for those of you who supported this in spirit. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I can account for every dollar/baht spent on this cafeteria and so can the teachers. As part of the grant, I must submit a full project report and receipts for every purchase made. This means I need to translate every receipt into English, which is a daunting task. Today, PiPong spent the afternoon running around the school pointing at things such as door hinges, screws, and window screens to help me translate the receipts. If we couldn't find the object she put her best effort forth at charades. I would definitely want her on my team for the next game of bilingual charades. It's amusing and ridiculous because many of these purchases I don't even know the English for so figuring them out in Thai is either frustrating or hilarious.

Here's a bunch of photos of the construction so far. Thanks again for all of your support!

1 comment: