Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hi Hot Season, There You Are

Over the weekend, someone flipped a switch and it's now the hot season in Thailand again. It's my last one and I will leave here before April, which is beyond hot. Nonetheless, here is the hot season.

Goodbye sleeping with only 1 fan on at night (and sometimes no fan!) Goodbye covering up with a blanket at night. Goodbye waking up chilly. Goodbye feeling like it's fall weather and putting on a long sleeve shirt. Goodbye only bathing once a day (or even less than that...) Goodbye being able to take naps in my bedroom upstairs in the afternoon. Goodbye going for a run around the lake after 7am and before 5pm.

Hello multiple showers a day. Hello hauling my fan with me wherever I go in my house. Hello covering my body in prickly heat powder at least twice a day. Hello falling asleep sweaty. Hello waking up sweaty. Hello naps on the tile floor... oh wait, I can't do that anymore after my run-ins with the snakes. Hello feeling lethargic and lazy for no apparent reason aside from the stifling heat. Hello no air conditioning unless I bike 20km round trip to 711, which defeats the purpose of AC.

Goodbye cool season. Hello hot season. The ironic thing is that I will be missing this heat when I'm wearing 7 layers of clothing in below zero degree winter weather in Fargo in March.

1 comment:

  1. it's the hot season again over there? this is not good news. not good at all.

    ReplyDelete