Thursday, November 18, 2010

Exciting Update

I have such exciting news... the preschool cafeteria project is officially fully funded! And it could not be possible without the support of my amazing friends and family in the States. So sincerely thank you to all who donated. THANK YOU! Once the money is transferred, which should be in the next week, my counterparts and I can buy supplies and get the construction going. It's going to be incredible to see this finally happen after months and months of working, waiting, and fundraising. It's been quite an undertaking, but I know it's so great knowing that the teachers, parents, and students at preschool will benefit so much from this project. I will of course keep you all posted on the progress. Yay!

I've been slow with the updates lately, again my November has included lots of travel with more to come. This weekend I'm traveling to a province about 4 hours away to see an older volunteer marry her American fiance in a traditional Thai wedding. It should be pretty cool. Then I'll be back for a few days and it's off to Bangkok for Thanksgiving, which includes a big group dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Mexican food on Thanksgiving is quite delicious, it's becoming an odd tradition as that's what I did last year as well. I can't believe I'm about to type this, but after Thanksgiving, my entire PC group and I will travel to the beach for our official Close of Service Conference with PC staff. We still have 2-3 months after COS left, but it's the last time we will all see each other. It will be a time of wrapping up, reflecting, and truly taking in this experience. I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone again, but I'm sure it will be quite emotional as well. I remember meeting all of these people in training, and now it's crazy that we will be COSing (that's our term for leaving). It's been a crazy ride in the rice field and I can't even begin to imagine my life without these people.

After the COS conference I'll be back in the rice field for a bit and helping with the preschool cafeteria project so that should keep me busy with many exciting updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment