Friday, March 6, 2009

Another week of training finished... sort of

Well it's officially Friday. In the States that means Iwould have 2 whole days of sleeping in and being lazy and drinking beer with friends. During Peace Corps training, weekends mean something a little different. Tomorrow morning (Saturday), I have 4 hours of language training starting at 8am. Then I'm meeting with my group to start working on our 45 minute presentation in Thai about what we have learned about our community. (We might sneek a few beers in as we work). My "curfew" is around 6pm because it gets dark then and the evil, nasty, mean, and gross street dogs come out in full force. Sunday, I get to sleep in until 7 or 8am and then I will clean my house and hand wash my clothes. After that, Sundays are always a mystery of figuring out what my host family has planned. And then on Monday, another week of training starts up again, which means getting up at 6am and biking up to 24 km a day.

Fortunately, we find out our sites on Monday. Finally I will know where I will officially be living for the next 2 years. Then on Thursday, we all leave for a night in Bangkok, from there we visit a current volunteer at their site, and then we actually get to visit our future site and meet the people we will be working with. It's all very exciting. As difficult and overwhelming training has been, it's rapidly coming to a close and I will soon have my own house in Thailand and really start to do what I came here to do. I'm not actually sure what that is yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Well, it's Friday night. It's time to go home and do my Thai homework with my host parents....

No comments:

Post a Comment