Tuesday, September 14, 2010

If I wasn't before, I'm officially a citizen of my village

On Saturday morning, a woman wearing some kind of official looking green polo shirt knocked on my door and told me she is collecting information for the census and asked if I would answer a few questions. So we sat down on my porch and I answered questions as she filled out some official Scantron sheet in Thai.

I'm 26 years old (soon to be 27). My birthday is November 19. I'm from America. I have lived here for a year and a half. I'm a volunteer... the list goes on. You better believe my college degree, one laptop, no TV, no truck, but my bicycle, and one microwave were all accounted for. I can't help but think that my abnormal statistics for the village will skew the results a bit. I'm not sure I really should have taken part in the census, but such is life. In the eyes of the government, I'm officially a citizen of Ban Nong Hai village.

No comments:

Post a Comment